Thistle Dew Nutrition

Ramblings from a "Simpler" and perpertual student of natural health, with a strong focus on how to eat well to prevent chronic diseases.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Gift Certificates

Yeah for me! I sold 3 gift certificates for one-hour massages so far this year for Christmas presents. I already have one appointment for the day after Christmas, and a fourth person who introduced me to his wife a “That lady who does massages!” I think he was hinting to her about a Christmas gift too.

My “master plan” is to use the more generally acceptable practice of giving massages to get people into my house, then through the honest Q and A phase about health, illness, injury and contraindications involved before each massage perhaps introduce them to the idea of coming to me as a Naturopath.

Many people in the general public are comfortable with the idea of massage and understand what it offers. Once they are on the table getting a massage the topic of their health often comes up. At which point in time I can suggest the options available for prevention and the possible causes to these health problems. I hope to have a shelf in my massage room/library with Luyties homeopathic medicines and Standard Process and MediHerb products on it. This should also be a good conversation starter.

I’m a salesman in my “day job” and I hate the pushy sales people that I refer to as “used car salesmen”. I don’t like the idea of promoting myself, and I think that this is a very good way to go around that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fungyrl1 said...

As soon as I can afford the massage, I'm there. My hands keep falling asleep. Color me annoyed... Until then, I'll keep pumping you for the free nutritional advice!!

Merry Christmas (yesterday) Mags!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home