Thistle Dew Nutrition

Ramblings from a "Simpler" and perpertual student of natural health, with a strong focus on how to eat well to prevent chronic diseases.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Vacation Reciprocal Theory

It seams to me to be that we would be able to take many more vacations and much higher quality vacations if it weren’t for my Vacation Reciprocal Theory. This theory goes like this: When you have time for a vacation you seldom have money; and when you have disposable income you rarely have time to enjoy it in the form of a vacation. I have been pondering this theory for over a decade now and I have yet to find that we have both time and money to enjoy a vacation that is actually wanted. Usually we compromise, go for a long weekend instead of 2 weeks, go “up north” instead of Florida, and how many times have I promised myself “next year we’ll go to (fill in the blank)”.

Last summer my husband said that we were GOING to go to Colorado for at least two weeks in 2006, trailer our motorcycles (yes, I have my own) and ride around the Rockies until we just couldn’t take any more of the beautiful-ness. Now he’s building 3 houses and can’t go anywhere longer than a 3 day weekend until something like OCTOBER. Yup. Sure. I actually to feel quite sorry for him about this, because he is quite stressed, and could use a good respite.

You see, the Vacation Reciprocal Theory is rearing it’s ugly head at us right now, but for opposite reasons. He is working his tail off (no time for a vacation), busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, and making a good bit of money (can afford a vacation). Me: not so much. It’s slow season at the cube pharm, (yes I mean Pharm, as in pharmaceutical company) so I have lots of time, but still not really a lot of money because we have it all put into a Spec house that we are trying to sell. Time for a vacation, no money, and no Honey to share it with.

Yeah, I know. You-all are feeling SO sorry for me right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fungyrl1 said...

I have 8 vacation days left to take, sister! However, because your wretched theory appears to be true, I don't have any money. I am planning a full week of vacation in August to park my big butt in the sand at the beach and read trash novels until my brain actually rots out of my head. Care to join me? Oh yeah, Ed will be there too, some of the time. :-)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home