Thistle Dew Nutrition

Ramblings from a "Simpler" and perpertual student of natural health, with a strong focus on how to eat well to prevent chronic diseases.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mid March Ramblings

Lesson number one: learn how to cook! And there are lots of reasons to learn.

First: Fresh food tastes better than pre-packaged chemical laden "nourishment".

Second: It's MUCH less expensive, and a little time in your kitchen will save you more money than you are prepared to believe.

Third: The more processed and aged a food is, the less nutrients it has in it. It is easily proven that the older a food is, the fewer vitamins are in it, and any processing pretty much wipes out any nutrients in the food.

Fourth: It's fun! No, really it is. OK, when you have time, it fun!

Fifth: To those of you who tell me "I'm too tired to cook", my response is "The more natural, whole, fresh foods you eat, the more energy you will have." If you don't believe me on this point, give it a try for 10 days, or watch the movie "Super Size Me". It's a very entertaining movie, besides being an educational documentary.

Mantra #1: "If the human race has been eating something for thousands of years, and it was good for us then, it will be good for us now." In later posts I will attempt to convince you to begin eating like your ancient ancestors ate. I will also give you easy, whole-family pleasing recipes. I am not a vegetarian (see mantra #1 above), however many of my recipes happen to not have meat in them, but do have other forms of protein.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

I like the mantra. It makes total sense! I better go check and make sure the rib eyes aren't overcooking! :)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home